benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Enhanced Body Institute in historic downtown Visalia specializes in offering a wide variety of laser hair removal treatment options with minimal to no downtime for men and women. Unwanted hair can be embarrassing and a hassle to remove. Imagine if you could significantly reduce or eliminate unwanted hair for good. Now you can. Laser hair removal at Enhanced Body Institute can safely reduce, with minimal risk, unwanted hair from any part of the face or body.
Enhanced Body Institute is the best medical spa in Visalia, offering state-of-the-art laser technology to reduce unwanted hair with the Lumenis SplendorX laser.
Treatment areas include the face, neck, chest, back, underarms, Brazilian or bikini, and legs. Enhanced Body Institute offers full-body laser hair removal packages. With our advanced technology only the hair follicles are treated, leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. Our laser technologies can also treat vascular lesions, cherry angiomas, provide wrinkle reduction, and tighten the skin.
Tired of dealing with unwanted hair along the bikini line? Feel like you’re never ready for an impromptu trip to the beach without time for shaving? Spending hours in the bathroom removing hair? Trying to find people to help shave your back? Laser hair removal is the solution, and we have the laser that’s appropriate for you.
The Lumenis SPLENDOR X Laser hair removal device lets you customize hair removal and skin imperfections on all skin types and skin tones like never before. Benefits of laser hair removal:
Reduces the need for daily shaving
Reduces razor burns, ingrown hairs, cuts, and blisters that occur with waxing, plucking, and shaving.
Prevents irritation and development of folliculitis (a condition in which the hair follicle becomes inflamed from shaving)
Reduces itching and irritation
Improves the appearance of the area being treated
how does Laser Hair Removal work?
During treatment, the laser emits energy in the form of light onto the skin. The melanin in the hair absorbs this energy and converts it into heat which then destroys the hair follicles to prevent or stop future growth. Some patients may experience slight reddening and localized skin swelling, like a sunburn, but this dissipates quickly. Before your next treatment (4-6 weeks), you may experience slight regrowth of some hair, though it is usually more delicate and lighter than what was initially removed. Most of these hairs were treated and are shedding. It is not re-growth. You may shave the area treated 3 days after your treatment. The hair follicles need to purge the hairs that remain under the skin. Please refrain from waxing, tweezing, threading, or bleaching between treatments (shaving is allowed).
Don’t forget that laser hair removal works best with dark-colored hair. Laser technology is not able to target follicles without melanin, meaning that patients with white, red, grey, or blonde hair will not see results.
Our Lumenis SPLENDOR X Laser provides treatments that are:
Comfortable – The SPLENDOR X Laser’s cooling technique Dual Cooling System (DCS) combines cooled air and a cooled tip to protect your skin and ensure a very comfortable treatment
Safe – Ideal for all skin types with the BLEND X technology
Effective – The SPLENDOR X results in lasting hair reduction, no matter the area of the body. Sessions are faster and provide long-lasting results. BLEND X technology harnesses the power of two wavelengths for greater effectiveness for hair-free skin.
laser hair treatment instructions
before coming in for your laser hair removal treatment
1. Do not tweeze, wax, thread, use a depilatory or undergo electrolysis during the duration of getting laser treatments. It is okay to shave or cut the hair with small cuticle scissors at the skin surface if desired.
2. Do not tan the areas to be treated for 2 weeks prior to treatment. This includes direct sun exposure, tanning beds or artificial tanning products, or spray tans. Wear SPF 30 or higher sunscreen on the areas if you are exposed to the sun. If you are treating your face, we recommend using an SPF along with an antioxidant daily for the best coverage. Complications from the laser are greatly increased if your skin is tanned.
3. Stop retinoids (Retin-A™, Tretinoin, Renova™, Differin™, SkinMedica/SkinCeuticals/Avene or other Retinol) 5 days before treatment on the face.
4. Shave the area before the treatment, either the day of treatment or the day before. Hair present above the skin surface can cause small burns. We may ask you to reschedule your treatment if you have not shaved. A $60 fee may be applied to reschedule your appointment.
5. Enhanced Body Institute providers will sometimes recommend a test site before proceeding with treatments.
6. If the upper lip or chin is treated and you have had fever blisters, Enhanced Body Institute may recommend a preventive antiviral medication to take for each laser session. Please inform our office 48 hours prior to your appointment if you have an active fever blister.
7. If you have taken Accutane, let us know and we will determine the safest time to start laser treatment. This is typically 1-3 months after completing Accutane.
8. It is important to notify your provider of any changes to your health history or medications (antibiotics, vitamins, supplements, etc.) prior to each treatment. This includes autoimmune conditions, cancer treatments, and/or recent vaccinations or if you become pregnant.
9. If you have been taking an antibiotic, or are currently on antibiotics, please inform our office 48 hours prior to your appointment. Your appointment will be rescheduled until it has been 14 days after your last dose.
10. Day of treatment, avoid working out, sauna, jacuzzi, or a hot bath at least 4 hours before your treatment.
after your laser hair removal treatment
1. Mild redness, dryness, itching, or swelling may be present after treatment and should resolve within 4 days. Refrain from rubbing, picking, or disturbing the treated area.
2. If you feel uncomfortable or your skin feels hot, in the treatment area, we recommend applying a cold compress on the area on and off for the remainder of the day or until the feeling subsides.
3. For 2 days after treatment, avoid gyms or working out, sauna, jacuzzi, and hot bath. Raising your body temperature may lead to a potential burn, which could lead to scarring.
4. Avoid abrasive scrubs, retinoids, and glycolic acid products to the treated area for one week after treatment.
5. Laser-treated skin can be more sun-sensitive for a few days to weeks. Apply SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to the treated areas daily if they are exposed. We recommend avoiding tanning beds during laser treatments. Ask our staff for the best product recommendations if needed!
6. If the treated area seems infected or appears to have blisters forming, contact our office immediately at (559) 334-3871.
DARE TO BARE
Laser Hair Removal
book your consultation
by appointment only